My answer: I did.
When I was in my twenties, I lost 25 lbs. with the help of manifestation techniques… and in the process developed a self-esteem that I hadn’t had previously, even before I started shedding pounds.
Here’s how I did it and how you can too:
- Leave Post-Its for yourself all over the house, but most importantly on the bathroom mirror.
- At least twice a day, stand in front of the mirror and look yourself straight in the eyes. That alone weirds many people out, because while we look in the mirror for combing our hair, brushing our teeth, or checking up on our makeup/clothes, we rarely if ever look ourselves deeply in the eyes. Do it anyway—gaze into your own eyes like you would look at someone you love.
- As you do this, say the following: “I love myself unconditionally. I accept myself unconditionally. I am kind to myself.” This freaks out even more people because we’ve been trained not to love ourselves, but to be critical about our own appearance, character, and so forth, perpetually. However, to become more beautiful/handsome, you need to love yourself. These three sentences are absolutely essential. Later on, once they’ve completely sunk in, you can add more, like, “I like to eat food that’s good for me. I am trim and healthy.” And so on. But don’t overload on affirmations; keep it simple and easy to memorize.
- Every morning when you’re still in that half-asleep/half-awake state, and every night before falling asleep, do a short visualization. Imagine you’re lying in a small row boat floating down a gentle river. The waves softly rock the boat; it feels like when you were a small child being rocked by your mother.
- The boat slowly drifts toward the shore, where you see a beautiful woman (if you’re a woman; if you’re a man, you’ll see a man) standing and waiting for you. She has a perfectly shaped body and is the epitome of youth, beauty, and health. As the boat drifts closer to her, you see that the woman is you—the ideal you. You get out of the boat and step toward the other you… and then step “into” her and merge with her.
- Now you feel what it’s like to BE in that perfect, healthy body. Feel the slimness of your waist, the suppleness of your skin, the muscles in your arms and thighs. Experience what it feels like to be slender and radiantly healthy and beautiful. Breathe deeply and enjoy this exhilarating sensation. Feel the soft breeze on your youthful skin and hair, feel the warm sun on your face. Really get into the feeling so deeply that your heart feels like bursting from contentment and happiness.
- Then slowly come back to reality.
- Do this for at least 21 days in a row. If you miss one day, the 21 days start over. One of the absolutely miraculous things that will happen is that—long before you start shedding the pounds, and you will—your entire personality will change, simply because of the intense feeling of well-being you’ll experience. I felt better about myself than ever before, even though I hadn’t lost any weight yet, and I had people (men and women) come up to me and tell me that I was one of the most radiant, sensual women they’d ever seen. Pretty darn amazing.